Welcome everyone to the latest episode of the GEEKING SQUAD PODCAST!
This podcast is hosted by Larry, Megan, and Vito from the Geeking Poetic Podcast Channel, and is centered around the various topics, news items, discussions and tidbits that are shared each week in the GEEKING SQUAD Group on Facebook. In each episode, your hosts choose certain topics that've been shared in the group and discuss them at greater length, adding in their own opinions and humor. The Geeking Squad group is open to anyone who is interested in discussing and sharing info and articles on various geeky subjects such as sci-fi, horror, comedy, action/adventure, cartoons, comic books, music, memes, UFO conspiracies, ancient history and legends and much more! We encourage people to join and post articles or topics that we can bring up on the show, and we'll be uploading a new episode on the first and third Wednesday of every month. The various things mentioned in this episode includes:
- Show begins and host introductions
- Catching up with each other, discussing entertaining ways to keep Megan from falling asleep
- "WHAT'S SHAKIN' BACON?" segment introduction
- CBS All Access announces new Star Trek series "Strange New Worlds" featuring Capt. Pike's Enterprise
- Megan continues to debate why she dislikes Star Trek: Voyager (and Capt. Janeway particularly)
- SpaceX announces plans to film Tom Cruise movie in outer space
- Discussing the possibility of regular space travel in the near future
- Vito schools his co-hosts on the realities of living on the Moon or Mars
- Larry excitedly discusses the announcement of the 4K Blu-Ray boxset of Flash Gordon.
- Prescribed Films Podcast Network (PFPN) commercial break (#ThePFPN)
- "SQUAD TALK" segment intro:
- Megan discusses the current situation surrounding the future of movie theaters.
- Battle between Universal Studios and AMC Theaters over streaming vs. theater releases.
- Discussing whether staying home watching movies is preferable over the theater experience.
- Drive-In Movie theaters being considered as a possible safe alternative for movie goers.
- Larry debates Vito regarding the validity of drive-in theaters (Vito's never been to one!)
- "WHADDAYOU SUGGEST??" segment introduction:
- Megan recommends people try the Uncrustables Peanut Butter and Honey treats.
- Vito recommends people check out the film "The Platform" available on Netflix.
- Larry recommends people check out the docu-series called "History 101" on Netflix.
- We recommend people come join us for free in the Geeking Squad Group on Facebook,
and possibly our Patreon page with exclusive content, and our YouTube channel.
- Farewell and sign off, see you in two weeks!