March 18, 2021
NOTE: This show and others on this channel contains adult language, jokes and situations that are intended strictly for a mature audience! If you are too young or too sensitive for this material then please do not watch or listen to our show, thank you!
Welcome to the GEEKING SQUAD PODCAST! On this show we discuss various bits of news, rumors, and gossip surrounding geeky pop culture stuff....everything from Star Wars to Star Trek, Marvel and DC Comics, television series and upcoming movies, music and comedy, plus real science news, conspiracies, mysteries and whatever else floats our nerdy boats! Your hosts Larry, Vito and Megan pick their favorite news bits as shared in the Geeking Squad Group on Facebook and discuss it here with their usual sarcasm and sense of humor.
Featured here in EPISODE 19 is:
- Show Introduction
- What's Shakin' Bacon segment:
- Larry is interested in the proposed BUCK ROGERS reboot being spearheaded by George Clooney. Megan and Vito aren't familiar with the show and are amused at Twiki the Robot's unusual design.
- Megan and Larry discuss their favorite old soap operas, and how Star Trek and Doctor Who are basically "soap operas for geeks"
- Megan is excited at the news of NETFLIX expanding the ENOLA HOLMES story into an ongoing film series featuring the return of the main cast.
- Megan also reports that Robert Downey Jr. has signed on to continue with more SHERLOCK HOLMES films.
- Vito excitedly talks about his favorite Sherlock and other types of point-and-click games
- Vito also happily points out that a teaser was released for the HBO series, "THE NEVER", which deals with superheroes in Victorian times, that was headed up initially by Joss Whedon.
- The hosts discuss the pros and cons of streaming services, and the pitfalls of how awesome Pluto TV is when you get sucked into nonstop viewing!
- Harrison Ford confirms that he is doing one more INDIANA JONES movie.
- An animated feature called "Gremlins: Secrets Of The Mogwai" is supposedly coming, and the hosts aren't sure how they feel about it or about "prequels" in general.
- Commercial break for "PRESCRIBED FILMS PODCAST NETWORK: THE PFPN"
- "SQUAD TALK" segment intro:
- The hosts discuss the topic of lucid dreams. Larry has experienced them often but Megan and Vito not so much. Scientists have apparently had success with being able to communicate with test subjects while they're trapped in a lucid dreamstate. - They discuss whether or not dreams could be considered another form of reality, and whether virtual reality will become more of a normal existence for people in the future.
- A scientist down in Australia claims to have figured out how to time travel without creating a paradox. The hosts discuss whether or not they believe this theory would hold true.
- They then discuss the concepts going around about taking enough information from a person's online data and carbon footprint to be able to create a new version of that person after they've died.
- Megan tells the story about the woman who lived unknowingly with her dead son for years in the same house!
- "WHADDAYOU SUGGEST?" segment intro:
- Vito suggests checking out the latest album by metal band TRIVIUM, titled "What The Dead Men Say", as well as Matt Heafy's videos on Twitch. www.trivium.org
- Megan suggests re-watching the old television series, "FAMILY MATTERS", that she loved as a kid and thinks it still holds up today. www.tvguide.com › tvshows › family-matters
- Larry suggests checking out an amazing charitable foundation called the DAVID Z FOUNDATION, that provides funding to schools to help provide kids with education in arts & music, founded in the name of David Z., an amazing musician and person who was taken from us too soon. To learn more about the cause and to make a donation, please check out: https://www.facebook.com/davidzfounda... https://www.gofundme.com/f/pauliezbir...
-Lastly, we recommend people check out the YouTube channel "InCamera", which shows you tutorials and other insights into how to make your own special effects and other bits of incredible information that's useful to aspiring filmmakers and YouTube video content creators. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulL...
Come follow us on social media to keep up to date with all of our shenanigans. All the links are posted on our website - https://www.geekingpoeticpodcast.com
If you'd like to help support the show, visit our Patreon page for info - https://www.patreon.com/Geekingpoetic
We are a part of the Prescribed Films Podcast Network! Check out their website to get links to our show, as well as all the other great shows they have to offer - https://www.thepfpn.com
Facebook - @geekingpoetic
Instagram - @geekingpoetic
Twitter - @geeking_poetic